top of page
  • Nick Bates

News & Notes December 19, 2013

News: Ohio bill allows same-sex couples to file jointly, Akron Beacon Journal Notes: If two people are legally married, they can file a joint federal tax return. Those numbers are then used to calculate the couples state tax return. Sounds simple enough. However, a same-sex couple who marries in a state like Iowa – that recognizes gay marriage – must complete a joint federal tax federal tax return and a separate federal tax return filing as individuals and these numbers are then imported onto the state income tax return. When we look at tax policy, we should apply the tax responsibility equally and efficiently when possible. 


1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page