Contact Your Legislator
There are two ways to contact your legislator:
- 1. Call the Statehouse at 1-800-282-0253 and ask to speak with your State Senator or Representative (if you don’t know, they’ll help).
- 2. When you reach your legislator’s office, tell them:
- – Your name and city/town where you live.
- – I am calling in regards to the State Budget Bill HB 49. I encourage you to close or ineffective and costly tax loopholes – like the business income tax deduction. With the new revenue, we can invest in our schools, fighting the opioid epidemic, or strengthening our infrastructure.
- – I would rather see public investments than tax cuts. (Tell them a specific public service you value: schools, parks, mental health services, affordable college, public health, transit, clean water, etc.)
- – Thank the staffer for their time.
Send an Email
- 1.Write an email to the conference committee by entering your address in our form below or click “Start Writing.”
- 2. Personalize the sample text that appears, including:
- -Tell them a specific public service you value: schools, parks, mental health services, affordable college, public health, transit, clean water, etc.)
- – If you want to use a statistic to support your message, you can check here.
- Click “Send Letter