Contact Your Legislator
There are two ways to contact your legislator:
- 1. Call the Statehouse at 1-800-282-0253 and ask to speak with your State Representative (if you don’t know, they’ll help).
- 2. When you reach your legislator’s office, tell them:
- – Your name and city/town where you live.
- – I am calling in regards to the State Budget Bill HB 49. I believe the House version of the bill is an improvement over the Governor’s proposal, because the tax shift and income tax cuts were removed.
- – I would rather see public investments than tax cuts. (Tell them a specific public service you value: schools, parks, mental health services, affordable college, public health, transit, clean water, etc.)
- – Thank the staffer for their time.
Send an Email
- 1. Find your legislator by entering your address in our form below or click “Start Writing.”
- 2. Personalize the sample text that appears, including:
- -Tell them a specific public service you value: schools, parks, mental health services, affordable college, public health, transit, clean water, etc.)
- – If you want to use a statistic to support your message, you can check here.
- Click “Send Letter
One Ohio Now honors your privacy and will not share your personal information with a third party except for the express purpose of this action.