Contact Your Legislator
Over the next few months, the federal budget is a state budget issue. The proposal is another tax cut for the wealthy that just won’t work. We have tried this strategy before at the federal and state level, and it hasn’t worked. The evidence and research continue to show us that it won’t work this time, either.
Instead of tax cuts, Ohio needs investments in vital programs and services. To grow our economy, create jobs, and solve our most vexing problems like poverty, Ohio needs billions of dollars of new investments not cuts.
- 1. Call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask to speak with your Representative or Senator.
- 2. When you reach your legislator’s office, tell them:
- – Your name and city/town where you live.
- – Say: “I am disappointed that Congress passed the corporate tax cuts that will undermine our ability to invest in Ohio communities. We need to address the opiate crisis, unaffordable college, and crumbling roads and bridges – and this tax cut takes away dollars that could have been invested to create good paying paying jobs and improve our communities.”
- – Add in your personal passion here: Tell them a specific public service you value: schools, parks, mental health services, affordable college, public health, transit, clean water, etc.)
- – Thank the staffer for their time.
Send an Email
- 1.Write an email to your US Senators by filling out the form below with your personal information.
- 2. Personalize the sample text that appears:
- -Tell them a specific public service you value: schools, parks, mental health services, affordable college, public health, transit, clean water, etc.)
- – If you want to use a statistic to support your message, you can check here for some data from our State of the State Report.
- Click “Send Letter.”